About Me

My photo
I'm a fashion obsessed, lip gloss lover, nail polish hoarder, wine loving, easy going individual.

My Blog List


Bestie.

how i feel about the steelers.
Powered by Blogger.

Parentals.

my reason for living

Parentals.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

fall time is the best time.

If there was a world's worst blogger award..i would win that award in a heartbeat.
But, have no fear. I'm back.

Now, I just want to take a moment and discuss the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I know I'm two days late but still 10 years later it still breaks my heart. 
I remember what I was doing that day, I remember every little detail. I was sitting in my 8th grade science class with Mrs. Hall and my "boyfriend" at the time Ryan was sitting to my right. Mr. Nett, a 7th grade history teacher, came screaming down the halls "THE TOWERS HAVE BEEN HIT! THE TOWERS HAVE BEEN HIT!" I had NO   idea what he was talking about! In my hometown we have two water towers that kids use to go and "hang out" at and we always referred to them as "the towers" so I thought he was talking about those. Then, Mrs. Hall turned on the TV and I saw it. I saw the plane hit the tower and instantly grabbed Ryan's hand. I was 13 at the time, I had no idea what was going on but there in that moment I froze. Moments later I heard about it being a terrorist attack, and then about the Pentagon. My heart dropped. My mother is in direct contact with people in the Pentagon regulary for her job. My heart broke. Mrs. Hall kept us in that room and told us we could leave if we wanted but we were AMERICANS and we DESERVED to know what was going on. I can remember sitting there and just not letting my eyes leave that tv. It was heartbreaking and terrible and 10 years later it is still heartbreaking and terrible. My heart goes out to all. ALWAYS remember and NEVER forget. 

Now, onto much happier things, shall we? I'm sitting on the porch looking at the land my parent's house sits on typing this and it is a GORGEOUS fall day here in Ohio. Fall time really is the best time and I will give you a list on why!

1. BUCKEYE FOOTBALL.
some call it an obsession, I call it a way of life. Even though Saturday they did in fact almost give me a heart attack, they won! Which is all that really matters. AND I got to spend game day with this kid, so all in all..perfect Saturday.

2. Pumpkin Scent Anything & Everything
Candles, air freshners, drinks, etc. i LOVE LOVE LOVE the smell of pumpkin. Currently my room has approxiamlty 3 pumpkin scent candles and I love every minute of it.

3. BOOTS! BOOTS! BOOTS!
i have a soft spot for fall boots. Riding boots, cowboy boots, ugg boots, rain boots. I just love them. I just recently purchased this FABULOUS pair and can't wait to break them it!
4. Dark nail polish.
I stated in an earlier post that I have a SMALL obsession with nail polish. I happen to like dark nail polish much more. Not sure why, just do! These are my fall favorites! Any of these colors of the new ESSIE fall collection are a must have for me!

5. Layered Looks.
I love layering clothes in the fall! Currently today I layered a sheer tan tank, a blousey white top, with an button up (let opened) jean shirt over top! Threw on some black skinnies and paired with tan flats. Fall Perfection I tell ya! 

Hope you all have a terrific Tuesday! I'm off to enjoy some wine and food with some great company! 

Kels

p.s you can all follow me on twitter! kelseystoker1. I'm sometimes pretty funny on there, and sometimes I'm not! 


2 comments:

  1. It's hard to believe it's been 10 years, that's for sure.

    I love Fall and the smell of pumpkin and mulling spices - ahhh, love! And Apples!!

    I can't wait to buy some new boots too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with all things pumpkin... love the starbucks pumpkin spice latte but only enjoy them in the fall... so not a summer drink. And I also love boots. I can't wait for it to get a little cooler in NYC so I can break out my tall boots w/o looking ridiculous. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you guys! Feel free to comment and email me as much as you like :)